ABELSoft Inc. is a dynamic and growth-oriented developer and marketer of medical and dental clinical & practice management software. Our team of Data Conversion experts play a vital role in making sure that new customers experience a pleasant and effortless welcome into the ABELSoft user community.
We currently seek an ETL/Database Developer to help establish a data conversion process from 3rd party databases to ABELSoft’s databases.
- Lead conceptual and physical design, development and implementation of ETL frameworks that are well aligned to long-term strategic goals for data architecture
- End-to-end development of data-driven solutions: analysis, architecture, design, development, deployments, and maintenance
- Rigorously build and test components of ETL solution
- Develop DB tables, indexes, classic DB patterns, in both physical and cloud environments
- Perform systems administration: monitor, configure, back-up, authenticate, tune
- Aim for defect-free programming, create and maintain quality code, provide support during testing cycles and post-production deployment, engage in peer code reviews
- Provide support to the Customer Success team for any data-related issues
- 3+ years of experience developing and maintaining ETL tools and platforms such as SSIS
- 3-5 plus years of experience working with MS SQL Server, MySQL
- 5+ years of experience in software development with proven expertise in database design, including normalization and indexing
- Working knowledge and hands-on experience in SQL, T-SQL, SSIS
- Object oriented design, programming techniques, software design and internal technologies
- Knowledge of database server security, backup/recovery procedures
- Experience collaborating in an Agile Delivery Model
- The ability to work amicably with non-technical users of software to determine how data elements in a database are reflected on screen
- An aptitude for analysis and problem solving, including understanding requirements, verifying expectations and written documentation
- Familiarity with cloud platforms
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in an IT-related field
Do you thrive on challenge and enjoy collaborating in a dynamic team-based environment?
- Are you a self-motivated achiever who can produce consistent and reliable results?
- Are you well organized and attentive to detail?
If applying for the contract position, please provide your cost estimate for this one-year assignment.
Diversity, equality and accessibility are the foundation of all our employment practices.
We thank all applicants; however, we will contact only those under consideration. No phone inquiries please. All applications will be held in confidence.