Benefit from a complete range of electronic medical records capabilities and practice management features.
Physician Dashboard Reimagined!
Enjoy major workflow advantages through one-screen access to multiple types of information and functions. The dashboard helps you manage your time and outstanding work-to-do by drawing attention to important items such as:
Cumulative Patient Profile
The Cumulative Patient Profile (CPP) maintains a concise summary of a patient’s health in a variety of categories.
- Benefit from streamlined synchronicity – entries made on the CPP are automatically added to an existing or new Encounter.
- Quickly transfer important information recorded during an encounter into the CPP.
- Save time with easy information retrieval – the CPP is organized by categories.
- Customize CPP configuration by user preference – many category windows can be resized, added to or removed from the CPP screen.
- View commonly used categories as floating, resizable windows for your convenience and control.
- Categorize each entry by its significance for at-a-glance prioritization.
- Record findings using the method you prefer - a mouse, keyboard, voice dictation or Tablet PC handwriting recognition.
- Improve accuracy and speed by using predefined templates for standard encounters (e.g. hypertension visit) or create custom templates to suit your needs.
- Combine templates in a single encounter (e.g. hypertension and depression) and record additional information whenever necessary.
- Save time by pulling in the information from a similar previous encounter (e.g. follow up of a chronic disease such as arthritis).
- Quickly sign-off on your Progress Notes by using ABELMed's electronic signature capabilities.
- Save time and effort by prescribing medications and ordering tests directly from the Encounters tab.
- Easily create Referral and Consult letters right from the Encounters tab.
Preventative Care Management
- Track patients who need appointments for preventative care. The Contact Manager provides the information you need to book their appointments at the appropriate time interval.
- Take advantage of ABELMed's automatic screening for patients who need a mammogram, pap smear, flu shot, or immunization so that you can send a reminder letter or call them to book an appointment.
Chronic Disease Management Flowcharts
- Effectively manage chronic disease patients with customizable flow sheets that track the status of their conditions.
- Customize clinical/administrative parameters for disease tracking.
- Receive alerts for abnormal values.
- Receive notification if the recommended intervals for follow up are missed.
- Detect potential interactions before finalizing prescriptions.
- Print or fax the prescription directly from the patient chart.
- Renew multiple medications simultaneously.
- Create a list of most commonly prescribed medications and save time required to create prescriptions.
- Add non-formulary drugs to your database.
Security and Privacy
- Gain peace of mind by using ABELMed's built-in security features that allow you to control access to the information in your system via the Authorization Manager.
- Restrict access to medical records and program functions by using password protected user roles.
- View reports on changes to your data including edited or deleted financial records.
Health Report Manager
Welch Allyn Interface
- Save time and reduce errors by recording diagnoses and procedure codes directly in the encounter and then assigning a task to billing staff to create the bill.
- ABELMed helps you establish and maintain control of all receivables including OHIP, WSIB, Reciprocal, Third Party and Uninsured billing. Use EDT, OBEC and HCV to speed up claims processing and reconciliations while reducing submission errors.
- Print professional invoices and monthly statements with the click of a mouse.
- Receive lab results electronically and get them sooner and in a clear format.
- Results are automatically recorded in the patient's chart, along with your comments.
- Review results on screen or print them.
- View cumulative as a graph or as a table.
- Reduce time wasted in "Chart Search" when a lab report arrives.
- Measure and set therapeutic levels.
- Utilize Lab Report templates e.g. INR flowsheets.
ABELMed EHR-EMR/PM integrates seamlessly with Dragon Medical to save you time and money. Record voice files on-the-go, in your clinic or at the hospital. Voice files are quickly converted to text and loaded directly into your patient encounters through integration with ABELMed.
For many practitioners, patient charting with handwriting recognition can be noticeably faster compared to typed entries. ABELMed is integrated with Windows based tablets using handwriting software so that entered notes are translated into text entries and inserted directly into patient encounter notes.
- Create referral letters. Generate referral letters quickly and easily from your existing encounter notes, CPP and lab results. No double entry required.
- Track referrals. Stay on top of your referrals by tracking which referrals have been sent, which patients have been seen, which require follow-up and which need referral responses sent.
- Manage Documents. Effectively manage patient documents such as x-ray reports consult notes which can be easily searched and retrieved.
ABELMed EHR - EMR / PM gives you the ability to generate referral letters quickly and easily from your existing notes. No double entry is required. Just pull up the referral request and click on the sections of the chart that you would like to include in your letter.
ABELMed includes many standard reports to help you manage your practice. The Report Generator lets you create advanced custom reports with an infinite number of data combinations.
You can delegate lab-related tasks easily by using the built-in Work Queue system. It works just like email - simple and fast and it is easy to incorporate into your existing workflow.