What will you do with your cloud-shift $avings?
Posted on 7/16/2018 by Angela Spinks
There is no question that investment in technology can be significant for any business, let alone a small- to medium-sized dental practice. When it comes to your practice management software, the return on that investment and its inherent value to your bottom line is undeniable. But the cost of hardware, maintenance, security, and IT support can certainly add up.
One of the best advantages of working in the cloud is the prospect of dramatically reducing the technology expenses line item in your budget.
During a recent discussion with a client regarding her planned migration to our cloud hybrid solution, we got out our calculators to do a real-life cost-benefit analysis.
This led to a genuine “eureka!” moment for my client. She got excited about the many ways that she could spend the freed-up funds over the next year. She started out with practical suggestions; by the end of our phone call we were contemplating whimsical and downright hysterical options.
The whole topic went viral ”“ if you can use that term for water-cooler conversation dominance ”“ and before I knew it we were compiling a list of ideas to share in a blog post. Here are the team’s top ten picks:
10. A bucket-list trip on the panoramic Rocky Mountaineer through Western Canada and Alaska
9. Porcelain veneers
8. Two weeks on a beach in Maui with my mate
7. Home theatre with surround sound: one for my operatory and another for my rec room
6. A wellness spa retreat for my hardworking staff
5. A Jaguar hood ornament for my Honda Civic
4. “Everybody gets a car!” (well, maybe with a small cash infusion from Oprah)
3. A vintage Pac Man arcade game for the staff lounge
2. A staff lounge
1. A shiny new, state-of-the-art CAD and CBCT system ”“ or maybe just an AI Dental Advisor. Siri, meet Carie
What’s on your wish list?
I invite you to share your top picks with me.